ARCASIA Award for Architecture (AAA) 2019
Dear PAM Member,
On behalf of the Institute of Architects Bangladesh (IAB), we are pleased to invite you to participate in the ARCASIA Awards for Architecture (AAA) 2019.
The aim of the ARCASIA AWARDS FOR ARCHITECTURE (AAA) is to acknowledge exemplary architectural work and in doing so encourage the sustenance of the Asian spirit, the development and improvement of the Asian built environment and enhancement of the awareness of the role of architects in the socio-economic and cultural life of Asian countries.
MAY 1, 2019 : SUBMISSION OPENS
MAY 31, 2019 : SUBMISSION CLOSES
JULY 31, 2019 : NOTIFICATION OF SHORT LIST
NOVEMBER 4, 2019: AWARD CEREMONY
Kindly click below button or visit the webpage www.aaa19.arcasiadhaka.com for more information.
HKIA Cross-Strait Architectural Design Symposium and Awards 2019
The Hong Kong Institute of Architects (HKIA) is organizing the Cross-Strait Architectural Design Symposium and Awards 2019 – Student Programme, to promote exchange amongst architectural studies and as a platform to nurture outstanding architectural students in the Cross-Strat and Belt and Road regions.
For 2019, the theme is “Shape the Shapeless: Cross Strait Architects and the Architecture of the Belt and Road and Africa”. Students from Belt and Road and Cross-Strait cities are cordially invited to enrol and participate a 5-day student programme, with the highlights of attending an architectural symposium with renowned architects as speakers, exchanging with Symposium Speakers and Cross-Strait Architects, mingling and networking with student participants from the regions, attending mini-lectures and workshops led by architects from Iran, Turkey, Taiwan…etc., as well as visiting signature architecture in Hong Kong. Details of the programme are as follows:
Arrival date: 20 June 2019 (Hong Kong)
Event date: 21 – 25 June 2019
Activity: CADSA Symposium, Lectures, Workshops, Signature Architecture Tour, Visits to Architectural Practice
Target students: university students who are studying architecture
Limited seats and will be allocated on a first-come, first served basis.
(Successful enrolled students will be provided with 6-night youth hostel accommodation. Students will be presented a certificate of participation at the end of the student programme.)
Interested students please email the following details
3. Email Address
4. Contact Numbers
to PAM Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 03-2202 2866 for more details. Click the following link for more details about the event.
PAM Yayasan Feruni Scholarship Award 2019
Pertubuhan Akitek Malaysia is inviting students from the following Universities or any others LAM Accredited Malaysian University who are eligible for this Scholarship Award to submit the application. The scholarship is open to PAM Student Member pursuing PART 1, architecture programme in Malaysia..
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Skudai (UTM)
- Universiti Teknologi MARA, Puncak Alam (UITM)
- Universiti Teknologi MARA, Seri Iskandar (UITM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Taylors University (Taylors)
- UCSI University, Kuala Lumpur (UCSI)
- Infrastructure University Kuala Lumpur (IUKL)
- Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR)
- Limkokwing University of Creative Technology (LUCT)
- City University (CITY)
- Kolej Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (KUTAR)
- Kolej Universiti Teknologi Sarawak (KUTS)
- Politeknik Port Dickson (PPD)
- or any other LAM Accredited Malaysian University
Students required to submit the application form and endorsed by faculty. Kindly click the link below for more details.
Important Dates7 May 2019 - Open for submission
14 June 2019 - Closing date of submission
29 June 2019 - Award presentation (during PAM Annual Dinner 2019)
* Interview Session will conducted for 10 shortlisted candidates after the closing date submission).
* 10 shortlisted students will be notified via email
For more details, please contact PAM Secretariat at 03-2202 2866 or email to email@example.com
Notice of PAM EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING (EGM) on 27 April 2019
EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING OF PERTUBUHAN AKITEK MALAYSIA
SATURDAY, 27 APRIL 2019, AT 12.00 P.M. AT DEWAN PRESIDEN, LEVEL 2, PAM CENTRE, 99L JALAN TANDOK, 59100 KUALA LUMPUR.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that pursuant to Clause 7.4 of the PAM Constitution, the Council has decided to convene an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) of Members to be held on Saturday, 27 April 2019, at 12.00 p.m., at Dewan Presiden, Level 2, PAM Centre, 99L Jalan Tandok, 59100 Kuala Lumpur.
The purpose of the Extraordinary General Meeting is to table to Members the following resolutions for amending the PAM Constitution and Bye-Laws, to be approved by a two-third majority of Corporate Members present at the EGM. Once the Resolution is passed by the Members at the EGM, the amendments shall be submitted to the Registrar of Societies (ROS) for approval before adoption by PAM.
During PAM Council 2018-2019 term, the following proposals for the amendments to the PAM Constitution and Bye-laws were tabled and endorsed by Council to be presented to members at an EGM:
Resolution 1 is to make corrections to cross referencing, typographical, grammatical and definition errors.
Resolution 2 is a new provision that waives the entrance fee for Graduate Members to upgrade their membership to Corporate. The objective of this amendment is to encourage and facilitate an existing PAM Graduate Member to upgrade to Corporate Membership.
Resolution 3 is a new Bye-law on the conduct of members during campaigning, voting and post-voting period at the PAM Elections.
Resolution 4 is a new Bye-law to resolve complaints associated with the conduct of candidates and members during campaigning, voting and post-voting period at the PAM Elections.
Resolution 5 is a proposed revised Bye-law for improvement in the Constitution to allow for clarification of the definitions of the terms and provisions to expedite the disciplinary action process
Resolution 1: CORRECTIONS TO CROSS REFERENCING, TYPOGRAPHICAL, GRAMMATICAL AND DEFINITION ERRORS
It is hereby resolved that the amendments to PAM Constitution for improvements and corrections to cross referencing, corrections to typographical and grammatical errors in the Constitution (refer to Appendix 1) are approved by PAM members at the PAM Extraordinary General Meeting on 27 April 2019.
Items that fall under this resolution are as follows:
- Resolution 1(a) : Clause 3.0 – Objects and Powers
- Resolution 1(b)(i) : Clause 4.2 – Qualifications for Corporate Membership
- Resolution 1(b)(ii) : Clause 4.3 – Qualifications for Non-Corporate Membership
- Resolution 1(b)(iii) : Clause 4.4 – Use of Suffixes
- Resolution 1(b)(iv) : Clause 4.5 – Qualification Examinations
- Resolution 1(b)(v) : Clause 4.6 – Election of Members
- Resolution 1(c) : Clause 5.1 – Termination of Membership
- Resolution 1(d) : Clause 7.11 – Mode of Deciding Resolution
- Resolution 1(e) : Clause 8.20 –Vacation of Office by Office Bearers or Ordinary Member on Council
- Resolution 1(f) : Clause 13.0 – Dissolution
- Resolution 1(g) : Clause 14 – Establishment and Dissolution of Branchs
- Resolution 1(h) : Clause 15 – General Meeting of Branchs
- Resolution 1(i) : Clause 16 – Committee of Branchs
- Resolution 1(j) : Clause 18 – Branchs Financial
- Resolution 1(k) : Clause 19 – General Provisions Regarding Branchs
- Resolution 1 (l) : Clause 26 – PAM Bye-laws
- Resolution 1(m) : Clause 1.0 – Preamble
- Resolution 1(n) : Clause 3.0 – Qualifications and Application for Membership
- Resolution 1(o) : Clause 4.0 - Examination
- Resolution 1(p) : Clause 5.0 – Certificate of Membership
- Resolution 1(q)(i) : Clause 11.11 – Council to Decide
- Resolution 1(q)(ii) : Clause 11.12 – Disciplinary Committee’s Own Action
- Resolution 1(r) : Clause 12.0 – Election Rules and Procedures
- Resolution 1(s) : Clause 13.0 – Guidelines for Application or Recommendation for Fellow Membership
- Resolution 1(t) : Clause 14.1 – Mode of Deciding Matters Via Circular Resolution Circulated Through Email
- Resolution 1(u) : Clause 14.2 – Rights to Vote by Council Members Via Circular Resolution through Email
Resolution 2: PROPOSED WAIVER OF ENTRANCE FEE FOR GRADUATE MEMBER UPGRADING TO CORPORATE
It is hereby resolved that the amendments to PAM Byelaws to allow for a provision for the waiver of Entrance Fee for a Graduate Member upgrading to the Corporate Category (refer to Appendix 2) are approved by PAM members at the PAM Extraordinary General Meeting on 27 April 2019.
Resolution 3: PROPOSED NEW BYE-LAW 12.5 - PAM ELECTIONS CODE OF CONDUCT OF MEMBERS, CANDIDATES, CAMPAIGNING & VOTING
It is hereby resolved that the amendments to PAM Byelaws for improvement in the Constitution to allow for a provision for the code of conduct of members, candidates, campaigning and voting (refer to Appendix 3) are approved by PAM members at the PAM Extraordinary General Meeting on 27 April 2019.
Resolution 4: PROPOSED NEW BYE-LAW 12.6 - PAM ELECTIONS COMPLAINT RESOLUTION
It is hereby resolved that the amendments to PAM Byelaws for improvement in the Constitution to allow for a provision for a complaint to be lodged in relation to the PAM Elections matters (refer to Appendix 4) are approved by PAM members at the PAM Extraordinary General Meeting on 27 April 2019.
Resolution 5: PROPOSED REVISED BYE-LAW CLAUSE 11.0 - DISCIPLINARY INQUIRY
It is hereby resolved that the amendments to PAM Byelaws for improvement in the Constitution to allow for clarification of the definitions of the terms and provisions to expedite the disciplinary action process (refer to Appendix 5) are approved by PAM members at the PAM Extraordinary General Meeting on 27 April 2019.
- Resolution 5 (a)(i) : Clause 11.1 - Ground for Dismissal
- Resolution 5 (a)(ii) : Clause 11.2 - Preliminary Inquiry
- Resolution 5 (a)(iii) : Clause 11.3 - Committee of Inquiry
- Resolution 5 (a)(iv) : Clause 11.11 - Council to Decide
Once the resolutions are passed by members at the EGM, the amendments shall be submitted to the Register of Societies (ROS) for approval before adoption by PAM.
53rd ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM) OF PAM
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE 53rd ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM) of the Pertubuhan Akitek Malaysia will be held on Saturday, 27 April 2019, at 10.00 a.m., at Auditorium Dewan Presiden, Level 2, PAM Centre, 99L, Jalan Tandok, 59100 Kuala Lumpur.
Kindly note that attendance at the Annual General Meeting entitles members to one (1) CPD point. Breakfast will be served from 9.00 a.m. until 10.30 a.m. Lunch will be served after the conclusion of the Extraordinary General Meeting which is scheduled to commence at 12.00 p.m.
1.1 To confirm the Minutes of the 52nd Annual General Meeting held on 21 April 2018.
1.2 Matters arising from the Minutes of the 52nd Annual General Meeting held on 21 April 2018.
2.1 To receive the Annual Report of the Council for 2018 - 2019.
To receive, and approved, to pass the accounts for the year ended on 31st December 2018.
4.0 ELECTION OF OFFICE BEARERS AND COUNCIL MEMBERS FOR 2019 - 2020
4.1 To elect a President.
4.2 To elect a Deputy President.
4.3 To elect a Vice President.
4.4 To elect an Honorary Secretary.
4.5 To elect an Honorary Treasurer.
4.6 To elect not more than thirteen Ordinary Members of Council.
4.7 To endorse the four (4) Chapter Representatives: -
i) Northern Chapter
ii) Southern Chapter
iii) Sarawak Chapter
iv) Sabah Chapter
5.0 ELECTION OF AUDITORS
5.1To elect an Auditor.
6.0 TO TRANSACT ANY OTHER BUSINESS FOR WHICH DUE NOTICE HAS BEEN GIVEN IN ACCORDANCE TO THE RULES
6.1 RESOLUTION FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE PAM EAST COAST CHAPTER
Council, at its 9th meeting of the term 2018-2019, held on 22 February 2019, agreed to propose to the AGM for the formation of the PAM East Coast Chapter according to PAM Constitution clause 14.0(a):
- The Council may at their discretion, and upon receipt of a request from a minimum number of Corporate Members to be determined by the Council in relation to prevailing circumstances, resident in any state or regional area of Malaysia, and upon a majority resolution being passed at the Annual General Meeting or Extraordinary General Meeting, create a local Chapter of the Institute subject to the prior approval of the Registrar of Societies.
The built environment in the east coast region has seen a positive growth over the past few years and this has brought about to the increment in the numbers of architects practising in the states of Terengganu, Kelantan and Pahang. Furthermore, there are also a good number of graduate architects who are presently pursuing their LAM Part Ill Examination.
On this perception, the members in the above mentioned East Coast states of Malaysia believe that it is now crucial for the establishment of a PAM East Coast Chapter in-line with Clause 14 of the PAM's Constitution. The proposed Chapter will act as a platform to expand the primary objectives of PAM to this region and at the same time act as a collective voice and thus allowing the said members to make a more significant presence in the construction industry in the east coast of the peninsula. It is anticipated that by having this Chapter, the said members are also able to guide and promote more public awareness on the architectural profession and its benefits.
To further facilitate the establishment of the Chapter, the members have set up a pro tem committee that will act as representatives and liaisons with the PAM headquarters. The list of the pro tem committee is as follows:
Ar.Hauzi bin Dato Hashim [Terengganu]
Ar.Dato Low Wan Cheong [Terengganu]
Ar.Yezreen binti Mohamed Yusof [Terengganu]
Ar.Muhammad Nandi bin Mohamed Ali [Terengganu]
Ar.Datin Hjh Kaniza binti Mohd @ Shafie [Pahang]
Ar.Zahari bin Ahmad [Pahang]
Ar.Hj Azmi bin Luddin [Kelantan]
Ar.Mohd Asri bin Mohd Salleh [Kelantan]
Ar.Wan Muhammad Kamal bin Wan Ali [Kelantan]
The AGM to hereby approve the resolution for the establishment of the PAM East Coast Chapter.